Thursday, September 25, 2008

SPOTLIGHT: ANDRE 300'S BENJAMIN BIXBY CLOTHING LINE


Andre 3000 recently released his "Benjamin Bixby" clothing line at Barney's.

The line is inspired by 1930s football uniforms and includes cardigans, numbered sweaters and fitted sweat shirts.

I personally think 3000 is a genius. He is truly an innovator in a rap culture that celebrates ignorance, violence and mediocrity. 3000 enjoys painting, reading and acting. Even more interesting is that he's a vegetarian and campaigns for anti-fur with Peta. When I heard about him releasing a clothing line, I was excited and after reading more into it I still am. I love to see a well dressed man in clothes that fit. I feel like in our culture we denounce men that dress well and automatically label them as gay or metrosexual. I will say this however, I feel that in college it is more accepted. For instance here at Hampton University there are plenty of guys that have their own style and wear nice, well made clothing that fit. The question however is this. When did ill fitting clothing become acceptable as the norm? Why should we question a man's sexuality based on the clothes he wears. I personally don't believe that. I am from Atlanta. In Atlanta there are just as many homosexual men in baggy clothes and bandannas as there are in tight pants carrying Louis Bags.....that's all I'm saying.....


Looking at these pictures of the collection, I love it. I love the vintage feel to it....



.....I would love to see a guy in an outfit from this collection....





....but I'm sure it costs an arm and a leg....SMH.....

In an interview with "Guardian" 3000 had this to say about trying to be stylish as a kid in the south.....

"Everything is slower in the south. But we wanted to educate ourselves. Every kid was a fashion victim back then, but as you get older you learn and you become the killer not the victim."


3000 IS A KILLER.....



SMILE!


;)

No comments:

About Me

My photo
21 year old Hampton University senior....just tryna make it.....

Inspiration and Admiration....