Saturday, February 14, 2009

I HATE VALENTINE'S DAY.



It's amazing how one day out of the year can have an effect on people.

Today, February 14, 2009 I found myself sad and feeling sorry for myself.

All because I didn't get an "I love you" call. I didn't get any card or candy.

Hell, I didn't get an "I love you" text.

AND THAT'S WHEN IT HIT ME LIKE A SLAP IN THE FACE.

There is not a man on this planet that LOVES me.

And don't say the obvious like....oh what about your dad, what about your granddad....DUH, I know they love me.

And DUH, I know Jesus loves me.

But....

There is not a man on this planet that is IN LOVE with me and there NEVER has been.

In all my 21 years, there has not been a single man in my life that has thought enough of me to even buy me a card for Valentine's Day.

And that is what drove me to cry (make that bawl) on the floor of my bedroom closet for a good.....Ohhhh 10 or 15 minutes.

And I do mean bawl, it was one of those "nasty, snot dripping, loud wimpering, hard to breathe" cries.

I can't remember the last time I cried that hard....

I wish I could say I was kidding, and insert an "LOL" in there but I'm not.

I hate this holiday for making me feel like something's wrong with me and making me realize that maybe I'm just not worth anyone's time.

AND THAT IS WHY I HATE VALENTINE'S DAY.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
21 year old Hampton University senior....just tryna make it.....

Inspiration and Admiration....